In a recent foray into music mixing using the free software Audacity, I came up with a 26 minute dance track that compiles some of my favourite songs.
Unfortunately I cannot take complete credit for the actual mixing as it includes mashups of several tracks that I have just segued together. It’s not as easy as it sounds however but I think it works pretty well.
I would like to name the other mixers in this but I’m afraid I don’t have a record of who they are. If by some miracle that someone recognises individual elements I will be delighted to credit them here. What I can do is list (I think) all the artists and songs included.
- Stiltskin – Inside
- Robbie Williams – Let me entertain you
- The Office – Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant
- Frankie goes to Hollywood – Relax, Two Tribes
- Sister Sledge – Lost in music
- Bee Gees & N-Trance – Stayin’ alive
- New Order – Blue Monday
- Tom Jones & Mousse T – Sexbomb
- Yes – Owner of a lonely heart
- Elvis vs JXL – A little less conversation
As the (Part one) implies, there is a part two and even a part three so if you want to hear them you will have to let me know.